Terms and conditions
Terms of service
- 1.1Wanderness P.C. (“Wanderness”) registered in Greece under company number 156672501000 with registered office at 10, Servion Street, 10441, Athens, Greece is the operator of the website www.wanderness.com (“website”). The website allows Property Partners to offer and Guests to book high-quality properties for short and medium term occupation.
- 1.2These Terms of Service apply to guests, Property Partners, and anyone who accesses our website. The company is not the operator of any of the accommodation listed on our website and is not responsible for any of the actions or inactions of Guests or Property Partners.
- 1.3Our Terms of Service might change at any time, in which case we will notify our users over email and/or post them on our website. By continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to the Terms of Service in operation at that time.
- 1.4We do not own, manage or have any rights in the Accommodation that Property Partners list on our website (“Listings”) and we are not responsible for, and make no warranties or representations in relation to, any inaccuracy of Listings or the lack of suitability or safety of the Accommodation for the Guest's proposed use. It is the Property Partner's responsibility to ensure the representations made in the Listing are accurate as they will be relied on by the Guest and Wanderness. The Property Partner agrees that they will at all times ensure that their Listings are up to date and accurate and the Guest agrees that, before booking, they have carried out all necessary investigations to ensure that the proposed Accommodation meets their needs.
- 1.5We do not carry out due diligence, money laundering or identity checks on Guests (other than we may at our discretion run ID checks on Guests). It is the responsibility of the Property Partner to exercise due diligence and care before accepting a Booking Request.
- 1.6The Property Partner is responsible for the decision on whether to accept or reject the Booking Request.
2. Accommodation booking
- 2.1Guests can use the website to review Listings, check availability, and make a booking request for Accommodation (“Booking Request”).
- 2.2By confirming the Booking Request and providing their payment details, the Guest is offering to enter into an agreement to occupy the Property Partner's Accommodation for the stated period at the stated price, in accordance with the terms of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement. By submitting a Booking Request the Guest is agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service and the Guest/Property Partner Agreement. They are also confirming that they have reviewed the Accommodation Listing and that the Accommodation is suitable for any specific needs that they may have.
- 2.3When a Guest has requested to book a property listed by the Property Partner, the Property Partner will be notified of the request and within 24 hours of the Booking Request the Property Partner is obliged to inform us whether they accept or reject the request, over email or text. A booking is confirmed at the date and time when a Booking Confirmation is sent to the Guest.
- 2.4At the same time as sending the Booking Confirmation, we will collect payment of part of the amount set out in the Booking Request, as per section 3.1.
- 2.5We act as the Property Partner's and Guest's intermediary web platform for concluding the agreement for the occupation of the Accommodation.
- 2.6As Guest, once your Booking has been confirmed, the reservation is personal, exclusive and non-transferable without prior consent of the Property Partner.
- 2.7The Guest and the Property Partner agree that a legally binding contract between the Guest and the Property Partner on the terms of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement is formed and entered into when the Booking Confirmation is dispatched. We are not a party to the Guest/Property Partner Agreement.
- 2.8The Guest and the Property Partner agree with each other and with Wanderness that they will at all times comply with the terms of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement entered into in relation to the Booking. If the Guest and the Property Partner mutually agree any terms or arrangements which are outside the scope of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement then any such terms or arrangements are at the risk of the Guest and Property Partner and do not form part of any agreement facilitated by Wanderness and Wanderness shall exclude all liability relating to any such terms or arrangements. Any such terms must not conflict with these Terms of Service and these Terms of Service take precedence.
- 2.9Guests agree with the Property Partner and Wanderness:
- 2.9.1To leave the Accommodation no later than the check-out time and date that the Property Partner specifies in the Listing or such other time as mutually agreed upon between you and the Property Partner.
- 2.9.2That if they stay past the agreed check-out time and date without the Property Partner's consent, they no longer have permission to stay in the Accommodation and the Property Partner is entitled to make the Guest leave in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- 2.10If the Guest requires the Property Partner or Wanderness to arrange for a third party to provide goods or services, the Guest acknowledges and agrees that the supply of those goods or services will be subject to the relevant third party's terms and conditions, and neither we nor the Property Partner will be responsible for any failure in performance by that third party.
3. Charges and payment
- 3.1Certain fees are payable in relation to our service as follows:
- 3.1.1The “Accommodation Charges”: These are the charges that we collect from Guests on behalf of Property Partners for the occupation of the Property Partner's Accommodation, including utilities. The first month of stay is payable upon booking confirmation. Then, the Guest pays per month, by the end of the previous month of stay for each upcoming month.
- 3.1.2The “Security Deposit”: This is a deposit against any damage caused to the Accommodation or its equipment and appliances during each Guest's stay. It amounts to one month’s worth of Accommodation Charges and is collected upon booking confirmation and returned 2 weeks after check-out, if no damage has been inflicted.
- 3.1.3The “Wanderness Booking Fee”: This is the fee that we charge Guests for the provision of our services. It is set at the discretion of Wanderness between 0% and 10%.
- 3.1.4The “Cleaning Fee”: This is the fee that we collect from Guests on behalf of Property Partners for the professional cleaning of the property before Guest check-in.
- 3.2When, as a Guest, you are required to provide us with payment card details, you must be the holder of that card or expressly and legally authorised by the holder to use the card for the intended purpose. If you, as a Guest, expressly authorise a third party to use your card, you are warranting and representing to Wanderness that such authorisation is legal and permitted by the credit card company. You agree to pay all charges incurred by you or any users of your account at the price(s) in effect when such charges are incurred. You will also be responsible for paying any applicable taxes relating to your Bookings and notified to you.
- 3.3The Property Partner appoints and expressly authorises Wanderness to act as a collection agent solely for the limited purpose of taking payments from and, where applicable providing refunds to, the Guest on behalf of the Property Partner in relation to Bookings. You, as Guest, acknowledge and agree that if we take any payments from you, we are doing so as a collection agent acting on behalf of the Property Partner for the limited purpose of accepting payments from you and passing the Accommodation Charges and if applicable the Security Deposit and other payments due to the Property Partner in accordance with the terms of these Terms of Service, the Guest/Property Partner Agreement and the Wanderness/ Property Partner Agreement and, as collection agent, we will be the merchant on record for taking payments.
- 3.4We may round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to Guests or Property Partners, as reasonably necessary.
- 3.5If you are a Guest and are due a refund under our Cancellation Policy, we will pay the refund amount due to you within 14 days after we receive notice of cancellation, provided that we have retained or are able to collect the relevant monies from the Property Partner. If we do not hold the relevant monies then the Property Partner agrees that they will pay the refund within 14 days after notification of cancellation.
- 3.6Guests shall be responsible for paying any hotel, tourist or other tax that may be payable in relation to the occupation of the relevant Accommodation under applicable law.
- 3.7The Guest is not permitted to make and the Property Partner is not permitted to take any payments to the Property Partner outside of the Wanderness service (including paying in cash for additional services). Wanderness shall not be liable to the Guest (or to the Property Partner) in relation to any payments that the Guest makes outside of the Wanderness service or for the delivery/non-delivery of services in relation to those payments.
- 3.8The Property Partner is not permitted to charge the Guest an additional end-of-stay cleaning fee as an additional cost. However, if the Accommodation is heavily soiled and in the Property Partner's reasonable opinion industrial cleaning is required after the stay, the Guest expressly authorises us (on behalf of the Property Partner) to deduct from the Guest's payment card an amount from the Security Deposit to cover the reasonable costs of such cleaning up to a maximum amount equivalent to the Security Deposit. If the amount required (together with any other amount due to the Property Partner from the Security Deposit) exceeds the Security Deposit then the balance shall be paid by the Guest to the Property Partner on demand.
- 3.9The Guest expressly authorises Wanderness (on behalf of the Property Partner) to deduct from their payment card the cost of any damage to the Accommodation and its contents, (other than reasonable wear and tear), which occurred during their stay up to the value of the available Security Deposit. If the cost of the damage to the Accommodation is greater than the value of available balance on the Security Deposit, the Guest will still be liable to the Property Partner for the full cost of the damage and the balance shall be paid by the Guest to the Property Partner on demand. Any complaints the Guest may have in relation to deductions made from the Security Deposit should be addressed in accordance with Clause “Complaints and Dispute Resolution” below.
- 3.10If the Property Partner requires Wanderness to make any deductions from the Security Deposit we will notify the Guest of the deduction within 48 hours of making the deduction together with the Property Partner's reasons for the deduction.
- 3.11Wanderness may, in its sole discretion, round up or round down amounts that are payable to the nearest whole functional base unit in which the currency is denominated. For example, Wanderness may round up an amount of €81.50 to €82.00, and round down an amount of €82.49 to €82.00.
- 3.12Wanderness will process each transaction in Euros.
4. Cancellations and refunds
- 4.1Regarding cancellations, the following terms apply:
- 4.1.1Bookings are fully refundable for 48 hours after the booking is confirmed, as long as the cancellation occurs at least 28 days before check-in. More than 48 hours after booking, guests can cancel before check-in and receive a full refund, minus the Accommodation Charges for the first 30 days and the Booking Fee.
- 4.1.2For stays longer than 30 days: Bookings are fully refundable for 48 hours after the booking is confirmed, as long as the cancellation occurs at least 28 days before check-in. More than 48 hours after booking, guests can cancel before check-in and receive a full refund, minus first 30 days Accomodation Charges and Booking Fee.
- 4.1.3To cancel a booking, guests must email email firstname.lastname@example.org, or cancel online on our website. The time that our server receives their email will be the time that the Guest has notified us of the cancellation and will be the time taken to be the cancellation date and time (the “Cancellation Time”) for the purposes of applying the terms.
- 4.1.4If the Guest arrives for check-in with a greater number of guests or animals than as booked or is clearly going to be in breach of the House Rules set out in the relevant Listing then the Property Partner is entitled to refuse access to the Accommodation and this will be a deemed cancellation on the day of check-in by the Guest. The Property Partner must notify us within 1 hour of this event.
- 4.1.5If the Guest fails to turn up for the check-in within 24 hours of the check-in time set out in the Listing then it is deemed a cancellation by the Guest (unless otherwise agreed by the Property Partner) and our Cancellation Policy shall apply. If the Guest is going to be late for check-in then they should notify Wanderness via email or phone in advance of the check-in time in order to rearrange a new check-in time with the Property Partner.
- 4.2If a guest decides to leave before their original check-out date:
- 4.2.1The guest is required to pay the Accommodation Charges for the 30 days following the new check-out date, or up to the end date of the guest’s original booking if the remaining portion is less than 30 days. The cleaning fee and booking fee are not refundable.
- 4.2.2If a guest decides to leave early, they must email email email@example.com.
- 4.3Guest Refund Policy
- 4.3.1Property Partners agree not to cancel a Booking except in exceptional circumstances. Nonetheless if the Property Partner cancels a booking or is deemed to have cancelled a Booking (“deemed cancellation”) because either they did not give access to the Accommodation at the check-in time or any rearranged mutually agreed reasonable time then the next clause shall apply.
- 4.3.2If, as Guest, you have satisfied the following conditions: a) you have not directly or indirectly caused the circumstances set out above (through your action, omission or negligence), b) you are the Guest that made the Booking; c) you have used reasonable endeavours to cooperate with the Property Partner if they needed to arrange an alternative reasonable check-in time, d) you notified the Property Partner if you were going to be unavailable at the check-in time and made reasonable alternative check-in arrangements, then you may notify us of your refund claim. You must do this within 24 hours of the Property Partner's cancellation or deemed cancellation.
- 4.3.3We will then notify the Property Partner and if we agree that one of the circumstances in 4.3.1 above arose and we agree that the Guest satisfied all of the conditions in 4.3.2 then we will, in cooperation with the Guest, either a) transfer the Booking/payment to another reasonably equivalent property of the Guest's choice (subject to availability and suitability) or b) refund to the Guest the Accommodation Charges and any fees or payments that the Guest paid for additional services when they made the Booking.
- 4.3.4If the Property Partner disputes the Guest's claim for a refund then, having considered the evidence from both parties, we will determine whether a refund is due to the Guest and our determination shall be final and binding on all parties.
- 4.3.5Both the Guest and the Property Partner agree that they will act in good faith and co-operate with us and each other in the event of a refund claim being made.
- 4.4Neither we, nor any Property Partner, will be responsible for any additional fees, costs or expenses that the Guest has incurred in relation to a cancelled Booking (including travel costs, event tickets, moving fees etc.). The Guest is therefore strongly advised to take out adequate travel insurance.
- 4.5The Guest may also be entitled to a refund from the Property Partner of the Accommodation Charges and any additional payments that the Guest paid for additional services when they made the booking where they can prove that the cancellation of a Booking is due to reasons set out in clause 7.5 below, which were not known at the time of making the Booking.
5. Complaints and dispute resolution
- 5.1Any complaint from a Property Partner in relation to damage to the Accommodation or any other issue with the stay must be communicated to Wanderness within 48 hours after the Guest's departure.
- 5.2Any complaint or dispute from a Guest in relation to deductions from the Security Deposit must be communicated to Wanderness within 48 hours of the Guest being notified of the deduction.
- 5.3If during the Guest's stay any problems arise with the Accommodation and/or the appliances in the Accommodation then the Guest must notify the problems to Wanderness as soon as reasonably possible and in any event within 24 hours of discovery of the problem. Wanderness will ask the Property Partner to use all reasonable endeavours to remedy the situation to the Guest's reasonable satisfaction within 24 hours of being notified of it. If it is not possible to remedy within 24 hours then the Property Partner must arrange for remedy as soon as reasonably practicable.
- 5.4Where a complaint has been escalated to us (including a complaint in relation to damage to the Accommodation and/or deductions from the Security Deposit), we will investigate the issue and respond to the Guest and/or the Property Partner as soon as is reasonably practicable. Each party will need to provide us with all information and evidence we reasonably require to investigate the complaint. We will use our reasonable endeavours to mediate and resolve any dispute within 7 days after it is first notified to us, but we give no warranty or undertaking that we will successfully mediate any dispute during this 7-day time period, or at all. If after 7 days from the date of notification to us of any dispute the dispute has not been resolved, then the Guest and the Property Partner may agree to professional mediation.
6. User of our website
- 6.2If we make available functionality which allows you to provide a rating and review for use on our website, you agree that: (a) the review represents your honestly-held belief following your stay at the Accommodation, which is fair, truthful and factual; (b) your rating and/or review shall not be offensive, defamatory or discriminatory (c) we have the right to use that review on our website or other media platforms, and modify its content, at our discretion; (d) we have the right to attribute that review to your username; and (e) we may remove the review from our website at any time and in our sole discretion. We disclaim any and all liability, to the extent permitted by applicable law, in relation to any reviews on our website.
- 6.3Although we curate the Accommodation as detailed on our website, we do not perform extensive background checks on Property Partners’ identities.
- 7.1Nothing in these Terms of Service shall limit or exclude our liability for (a) death or personal injury resulting from our negligence, (b) fraudulent misrepresentation
- 7.2However, subject to Clause 7.3 below, our maximum liability to you as a Guest (whether in contract, negligence, misrepresentation or under any other legal source of liability) in relation to your use or inability to use or delay in use of any element of our website and any digital content shall be limited to the total monies paid by the Guest in respect of the relevant Accommodation via our service
- 7.3Our liability to Property Partners shall be as set out in the Property Partner/Wanderness Agreement
- 7.4Property Partners are independent contractors and not agents of Wanderness. Wanderness is not liable for the acts, errors, or omissions, representations, breaches or negligence of Property Partners.
- 7.5Parties shall not be in breach of these Terms of Service nor liable for delay in performing, or failure to perform, any of their obligations in these Terms of Service if such delay or failure results from a terrorist attack, government or other relevant authority imposed travel ban or damage to the Accommodation caused by fire, flood or explosion.
- 7.6The Guest expressly agrees that, (except as set out in Clause 7.1 above) neither Wanderness nor our employees or agents are responsible or liable in any way for any damage or injury which the Guest or any member of its party may suffer in connection with the Accommodation.
- 7.7The Guest agrees to pay the Property Partner in full for the reasonable costs, claims, liabilities or expenses suffered by the Property Partner as a result of their breach of the Terms of Service (or the breach by any person in the Accommodation during their stay).
- 8.2We do not guarantee that our website will be secure or free from bugs or viruses.
- 8.3We may notify you by using the email address that you provided to us in the account registration stage or our communication over email / phone.
- 8.4We may, but are not obliged to, manually monitor, review, respond to or hide all communications on our website for fraud prevention, risk assessment, regulatory compliance, investigation, product development, research and customer support services. We may also monitor, review, respond to or hide communications to debug, improve and expand our product offerings.
- 8.5Each clause, sub-clause and paragraph of these Terms of Service operates separately. If any court or competent authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining clauses, paragraphs or sub-clauses will remain in full force and effect.
- 8.6If there is any conflict between these Terms of Service and a) the national and/or local laws and regulations (“Local Laws”) applying to the Listing, Accommodation and/or Booking, b) and/or the applicable laws, Directives and Regulations of the EU (“European Law”) then the Local Laws and European Law shall prevail.
- 8.7These conditions are governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece.
- 8.8To contact us, please email: email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 8.9In the event that a document needs to have a formal signature from a party then we, the Guest and the Property Partner agree that it may be signed by electronic signature (whatever form the electronic signature takes) and that this method of signature is as conclusive of the party's intention to be bound by the document as if signed by that party's manuscript signature. For the avoidance of doubt the Property Partner/Wanderness Agreement and the Guest/Property Partner Agreement do not need a formal signature as their terms are binding in accordance with the provisions contained in these Terms of Service.
Guest/ property partner agreement
- 1.1This is an agreement (“Agreement”) between the Guest and the Property Partner relating to the occupation by the Guest of the Property Partner’s Accommodation which has been booked by the Guest in accordance with the Terms of Service, and is as detailed in the Booking Confirmation.
- 1.2Wanderness is not a party to this Agreement.
- 2.1The definitions set out in the Terms of Service apply in this Agreement.
- 2.2The terms of this Agreement are important and legally binding on Guests and Property Partners and should be read thoroughly.
3. Licence to occupy the accommodation
- 3.1Subject to the terms of this Agreement, the Property Partner permits the Guest to occupy the Accommodation for the period stated in the Booking Confirmation for the purpose of occupation for a specified duration.
- 3.2The Property Partner and the Guest agree no relationship of landlord and tenant is created by this Agreement or otherwise.
4. Property partner’s obligations
- 4.1They have the right to allow occupation of the Accommodation on the terms set out in this Agreement
- 4.2By entering into this Agreement they will not breach any other agreement relating to the Accommodation (including the terms of any lease in relation to the Accommodation).
- 4.3Should any additional consents be required or costs and/or taxes be payable in order to grant the Guest the licence to occupy, these shall be the Property Partner’s responsibility (provided that, if necessary, the Guest has provided the Property Partner with the relevant information).
- 4.4The description of both the Accommodation and additional services in the Accommodation Listing is true, accurate and not misleading in any material respect.
- 4.5The Accommodation complies with applicable laws and regulations as appropriate for the Guest’s holiday or short-term occupation (including all Local Laws and European Law (as defined in the Terms of Service).
- 4.6They will provide fire and health and safety guidance, as mandated by applicable laws.
- 4.7The Accommodation will be clean, sanitary and free from rubbish on check-in with clean bedding and bathroom towels.
- 4.8All essential appliances in the Accommodation (including all appliances referred to in the description in the Accommodation Listing) shall be in full working order together with heating and where applicable air conditioning systems.
- 4.9If they receive notification from Wanderness of a problem with the Accommodation either on check-in or during the Guest’s stay, they will take the steps necessary to remedy the situation as set out in the Clause “Complaints and Dispute Resolution” of the Terms of Service.
- 4.10Not to disclose the Guest’s identity or address to others, unless agreed by the Guest.
5. Guest’s obligation
- 5.1To pay to the Property Partner (through Wanderness as the Property Partner’s collection agent) and to Wanderness in accordance with the provisions of the Terms of Service, the Accommodation Charges, Booking Fee, Security Deposit, Cleaning Fee and any other fees, taxes and charges specified in the Booking Confirmation or which are otherwise notified to the Guest by Wanderness.
- 5.2That if there are any problems with the Accommodation at check-in or during the stay they will follow the procedures set out in the clause “Complaints and Dispute Resolution” in the Terms of Service.
- 5.3Not to occupy the Accommodation other than as personal accommodation for occupation of specified duration.
- 5.4That the maximum number of people and animals occupying the Accommodation will be the number of guests and animals stated in the Booking Confirmation and that the Property Partner has the right to refuse entry on check-in if there are more than the specified number of guests and/or animals and that in this situation it will be a deemed cancellation by the Guest and the Cancellation Policy shall apply.
- 5.5Not to do or permit anything to be done which may be a nuisance, annoyance or disturbance to, or be abusive or discriminatory to the Property Partner or any owner or occupier of neighbouring property.
- 5.6Not to cause or permit any damage to the Accommodation (other than reasonable wear and tear).
- 5.7That they will observe any House Rules specified in the Accommodation Listing and/or notified to the Guest before or on arrival at the Accommodation.
- 5.8That they will read and follow any instructions (including health and safety guidance) provided by the Wanderness and the Property Partner.
- 5.9To contact and notify Wanderness immediately upon becoming aware of anything that might put health and/or safety at risk.
- 5.10Not to conduct any illegal or immoral activity at the Accommodation (including the taking of illegal drugs).
- 5.11To leave the Accommodation and any of the Property Partner’s personal property at the Accommodation clean and tidy at the end of the stay and in the condition it was in when they arrived.
- 5.12Τhat they are responsible for their own acts and omissions and are also responsible for the acts and omissions of any individuals whom the Guest invites to, or otherwise provides access to, the Accommodation, excluding the Property Partner.
- 5.13That they will not bring any animals into the Accommodation (unless previously agreed with the Property Partner and Wanderness.
- 5.14Not to move furniture.
- 5.15Not to disclose the Property Partner’s identity or address to others, unless agreed by the Property Partner.
- 5.16That the Property Partner is entitled to visit the Accommodation on prior notice (except in case of emergency) and to permit the Property Partner (or an agent of the Property Partner) access a) in the event that the Property Partner reasonably suspects a breach of this Agreement, b) in order to fulfil the Property Partner’s obligations under this Agreement and the Terms of Service (in which case the Property Partner will endeavour to provide the Guest with at least 24 hours’ notice), c) upon request of the Guest.
- 5.17Not to transfer the agreement to occupy the Accommodation to anyone else without the prior consent of the Property Partner.
- 5.18That where the Guest has booked the Accommodation on behalf of themselves and one or more additional guests (“additional guests”), the Guest has made the additional guests aware of the terms of this Agreement and any House Rules applicable to the Booking and the Guest confirms that they will ensure that such additional guests will comply accordingly. If an additional guest is a minor then the Guest warrants and confirms that they are legally authorised to act on behalf of the minor.
- 5.19Not to do or omit to do anything which could invalidate all or part of the Property Partner’s insurance policy.
6. Damages and security deposit
- 6.1If the Accommodation (or any part of it) or any of the Property Partner’s personal property is damaged during the stay, beyond reasonable wear and tear, the Guest a) must immediately notify Wanderness, b) will be liable in full for the costs of that damage.
- 6.2The Guest confirms that if there is damage to the Accommodation or any of the Property Partner’s personal property (over and above fair wear and tear) and/or if the Accommodation is heavily soiled so as to require in the Property Partner’s reasonable opinion an industrial clean then the Property Partner may authorise Wanderness to make appropriate deductions from the Security Deposit as per the Terms of Service.
- 7.1The Guest agrees that they will vacate the Accommodation at the check-out time as detailed in the Booking Confirmation. The Guest acknowledges and agrees that if they do stay past the stipulated check-out time without the Property Partner’s consent a) the Guest will be in breach of this Agreement and the Property Partner (or an agent on the Property Partner’s behalf) can require you to leave, and (b) the Guest will pay to the Property Partner an overstay fee, set at the discretion of Wanderness, proportional to the days of overstay and the overall booking value.
8. Complaints and disputes
- 8.1The Guest and the Property Partner agree with each other that if either of them has a complaint, problem or dispute in relation to the Booking, Accommodation and/or the Guest’s stay then they will follow the procedures set out in Clause “Complaints and Dispute Resolution” of the Terms of Service.
- 9.1This Agreement shall end on the earlier of a) the date and time when the Guest checks out of the Accommodation, or b) the expiry of any period specified in a notice of breach given by Wanderness or the Property Partner to the Guest (provided that the Guest must have been given a reasonable period to remedy a remediable breach). If there is a repudiatory breach by the Guest then the Property Partner may give notice to the Guest to terminate immediately.
- 10.1The Guest acknowledges and agrees that, subject to the provisions of clause 10.3 below, the Property Partner shall not be liable to the Guest for: a) the death of or injury to the Guest including additional guests or invitees to the Accommodation, b) damage to any property of the Guest or the additional guests or invitees to the Accommodation, c) any losses, claims, demands, actions, proceedings, damages, costs or expenses or other liability incurred by the Guest or additional guests or invitees to the Accommodation in the exercise of the right to occupy the Accommodation under the terms of this Agreement.
- 10.2The Property Partner’s liability to the Guest for all losses shall not exceed the Accommodation Charges paid by the Guest for the Booking plus any fees or payments that the Guest paid for additional services when they made their Booking.
- 10.3Nothing in this Clause limits or excludes the liability of any party for death or personal injury caused by their negligence (or the negligence of their agents or employees) or for fraud.
- 11.1This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the Guest and the Property Partner and any other terms, conditions or prior representations whatsoever shall be of no effect unless expressly set out in or are incorporated into this Agreement (for the avoidance of doubt terms that are incorporated include but are not limited to the provisions of the Terms of Service, the Cancellation Policy and House Rules).
- 11.2If any term of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable by any court or authority of competent jurisdiction or is not permitted under Local Laws and/or European Law (as defined in the Terms of Service ), then all other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and will not in any way be impaired provided the parties agree a replacement provision which is as close as is legally permissible to the provision found invalid or unenforceable.
- 11.3The Property Partner shall be entitled to sub-contract or delegate their obligations under this Agreement without the consent of the Guest, provided that the Property Partner continues to remain ultimately responsible for the performance of those obligations.
- 11.4This Agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it is governed by and is to be construed in accordance with the laws of Greece.
- 11.5This agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Greece. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece.
Property partner/ Wanderness agreement
- 1.1This is an agreement between you, Wanderness Property Partner seeking to list your Accommodation on Wanderness website, and us, Wanderness P.C. (“Wanderness”) registered in Greece under company number 156672501000 with registered office at 10, Servion Street, 10441, Athens, Greece.
- 1.2These terms set out the terms and conditions binding on you as Property Partner and us in relation to your use of Wanderness services.
- 1.3Your rights and obligations relating to each Booking of your Accommodation by a Guest are set out in the Guest/Property Partner Agreement.
- 1.4We will choose which of your properties will be featured on Wanderness website at our absolute discretion.
- 2.1Upon your interest to feature your properties on our website, we may inspect them to ensure they meet our quality requirements. We can do this either by visiting the apartment at a mutually suitable time we agree upon or by other available means, such as virtual tours and videos.
- 2.2We will prepare your Listing according to our process, including photographs and floorplans, if available. You agree that, provided that we do not include any information in your Listing which is inaccurate, untrue or misleading, we have discretion in relation to the information we provide in the Listing, the features of your Accommodation that we highlight and the photographs of your Accommodation that we use. We will use photos and information that you provide to us, as well as photos of your properties that our photographer will take, in agreement with you.
- 2.3We own all rights in any photos, text or information that we (or our agents) create or develop in relation to your Accommodation. This means that you cannot use these photos (or information/text) elsewhere without our permission. If we ask you to provide us with photos of your Accommodation, you grant to us a non-exclusive licence to use these photos in relation to the marketing of your Accommodation for as long as your Accommodation is listed in Wanderness.
- 2.4Once we have prepared your Listing, we will send it to you. You must read the Listing carefully and notify us immediately if there are any statements in the Listing that are untrue, inaccurate or misleading. In any event you need to confirm that either the Listing is accurate or that it contains inaccurate or misleading statements within 48 hours of receiving the details. If we do not have your confirmation within 48 hours then this will be a deemed representation from you that the statements in the Listing are true, accurate and not misleading.
- 2.5At the same time as sending your Listing to you for approval, we will also need you to provide the minimum earnings you require for the rental of your property on a weekly rate and / or monthly rate. This is referred to as Property Partner Required Price (“PP Required Price”). We will also ask you to sync your calendar and we will send you details on how to do this. If not possible, we will agree on a manual method to track your properties’ availability.
- 2.6We will require you to provide your bank details so we can pay you, and might also require you to provide a credit card in case you cancel a Booking.
- 2.7Once you have provided this information we will arrange for your Listing to go live on our website.
- 2.8You agree that you will keep the calendar availability in the Listing up to date, or keep us informed via the manual method that has been agreed.
- 2.9You agree that we shall be solely responsible for the order and manner in which your Accommodation is featured in Wanderness.
- 2.10If there are any changes to your Accommodation from the information contained in your Listing, you must inform us immediately and in any case seven (7) days after the changes take place.
- 2.11We reserve the right to amend and update your Listing as we see fit, provided that we do not include any inaccurate, untrue or misleading information. We will require you to confirm to us within 48 hours of request that any changes are not untrue, inaccurate or misleading. If we do not have your confirmation within 48 hours of request then this will be a deemed representation from you that the changes are true, accurate and not misleading.
3. Our obligations and agreements with you
- 3.1Once your Listing is live on Wanderness website we will be delighted to welcome you into Wanderness and we will a) use reasonable endeavours to market and promote your Accommodation and b) at our discretion highlight your Accommodation from time to time on websites, apps, social media platforms and other relevant media.
4. Your obligations and agreements with us
- 4.1You will comply with all of your obligations in the Terms of Service and the Guest/Property Partner Agreement applicable to each Booking and shall immediately pay to us any costs, expenses or charges reasonably incurred by us (including those that are payable to any Guest) as a result of your non-compliance with the Terms of Service and/or Guest/Property Partner Agreement
- 4.2You will take out appropriate insurance to cover the booking and rental of your Accommodation
- 4.3You will thoroughly check the Listing for your Accommodation both before it goes live on the Wanderness website and on an ongoing basis and notify us immediately if there is anything inaccurate, untrue or misleading in the Listing
- 4.4You will indemnify us for any losses we suffer as a result of any claims made by Guests for misrepresentation in the Listing of your Accommodation
- 4.5If before the start of a Booking you become aware of anything that would adversely affect a Guest’s stay (for example nearby building work) you will immediately notify us
- 4.6You acknowledge that we do not carry out detailed due diligence on Guests and are not responsible for their actions and have no liability to you for a fraudulent Booking
- 4.7You will accept or reject ‘request to book’ Booking Requests within 24 hours of the Booking Request being made. You understand and agree that if you do not respond to a Booking Request within 24 hours of the Booking Request then we are entitled (but not obliged) to cancel the Booking Request without notice to you
- 4.8Listing your Accommodation with us and the subsequent occupation of your Accommodation by Guests will not breach the laws and regulations that apply in the Accommodation’s country, state, town, city, and/or building (including any superior lease obligations) and nor will it breach the applicable European Laws (as defined in the Terms of Service) including laws or regulations that restrict you as Property Partner having paying Guests at all and/or for short periods.
- 4.9We have the right to use any photos of and Listing copy for your Accommodation on any marketing channels that we use in addition to the Wanderness website
- 4.10You will not enter the Accommodation during any rental period other than in accordance with the provisions of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement
- 4.11We are authorised to a) conclude Bookings between you and Guests, b) bind you to the terms of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement in relation to those Bookings and c) collect/refund payments as your collection agent, at all times in accordance with this Agreement, the Guest/Property Partner Agreement and our Terms of Service.
- 4.12You have the legal right to grant the Guest permission / license to occupy the Accommodation on the terms set out in the Booking Confirmation and the Guest/Property Partner Agreement.
- 4.13It is your responsibility to obtain any additional consents that are required, and to pay any additional costs that may be payable, in order grant to the Guest permission / licence to occupy your Accommodation.
- 4.14You will provide fire and health & safety guidance, as required by local and European law.
- 4.15You will provide the Accommodation to Guests in clean and sanitary condition, and free from rubbish with two sets of clean bedding and bathroom towels per person, and will ensure that this is all in place before the stated check-in time on the Listing. If the property is not in satisfactory condition, Wanderness will arrange additional professional cleaning, and charge you a fee between €50 and €150 depending on the property size and condition.
- 4.16All essential appliances in the Accommodation (which includes all appliances referred to in the Accommodation Listing) shall be in full working order together with heating and where applicable air conditioning systems
- 4.17You will provide the Accommodation in the same condition and standard as advertised in your Listing on Wanderness and are responsible for immediately notifying us of any changes to the Accommodation
- 4.18You understand the circumstances in which the Guest would be entitled to a refund under the Guest Refund Policy in the Terms of Service and will use your reasonable endeavours to ensure that the situations that could lead to a Guest making a Refund Claim do not arise.
- 4.19You must ensure that the Guest is able to check in to the Accommodation at the check-in time (or other such mutually agreed time to allow for late arrival)
- 4.20You will honour any Bookings made through Wanderness even if you no longer feature properties on our website at the time of a Guest’s stay
- 4.21You have provided us with all House Rules that need to be included in your Listing including any restrictions that may be placed on the Guest’s occupation and use of the Accommodation imposed by third parties such as lease covenants and/or building rules
- 4.22You have considered the cancellation policy in the Terms of Service.
5. Renewal and removal of listings
- 5.1Unless either of us removes your Listing (as described in paragraphs below), your Listing will last for a minimum period of 12 months (“Listing Period”). At the end of that Listing Period, we may (at our sole discretion):
- 5.1.1Automatically renew the Listing for a second 12 month Listing Period, provided that we have given you notice 30 days in advance.
- 5.1.2Not renew the Listing and remove your Accommodation from Wanderness; or
- 5.1.3Permit you to withdraw the Listing.
- 5.2We reserve the right, at any time and without prior notice, to remove or disable access to your Listing for any reason – either temporarily or permanently – including Listings that we determine (in our sole discretion) are objectionable for any reason. Any removal of your Listing under this paragraph shall be without prejudice to our obligation to pay you any undisputed sums that we have received from Guests for Bookings of your Accommodation made prior to the removal of the Listing.
- 5.3You may not withdraw your Listing within a Listing Period unless you can demonstrate to our reasonable satisfaction that your Accommodation is not listed for rental on any other platform or website and one of the following situations has arisen:
- 5.3.1You are selling the Accommodation or otherwise renting out the Accommodation on a long-term lease or are going to occupy the Accommodation for your own purposes
- 5.3.2A change in applicable laws or regulations means that it is no longer possible or financially viable for you to offer the Accommodation for rent via Wanderness; or
- 5.3.3Any other exceptional circumstance exists which we agree (acting reasonably) means you are no longer able to offer the Accommodation for rent via Wanderness.
- 5.4Any proposed withdrawal of a Listing should be notified to us at email@example.com. Please also provide us with as much notice as possible of the occurrence of any of the above circumstances. You are required to honour all Bookings made through Wanderness before your withdrawal.
6. Booking process
- 6.1A Guest will be able to book your Accommodation by providing us with their personal information, order requirements and payment card details. We will then produce a Booking Request setting out details of the Guest’s Booking and requiring the Guest to confirm acceptance of the terms of the Guest/Property Partner Agreement.
- 6.2We will send to you the Booking Request and require you to confirm that you are willing to provide the requested Accommodation on the specified dates. You must provide your confirmation within 24 hours.
- 6.3The dispatch of the Booking Confirmation will constitute your acceptance of the Guest’s offer to occupy your Accommodation on the terms set out in the Booking Confirmation and the Guest/Property Partner Agreement.
- 6.4You acknowledge and accept that our obligation to make payment to you of the Accommodation Charges is subject to and conditional upon our successful receipt of the corresponding amount from the relevant Guest.
- 6.5We may round up or round down amounts that are payable from or to Guests or Property Partners, as reasonably necessary for currency conversion purposes.
- 6.6You are solely responsible for determining and paying any and all taxes which may arise from the rental of your Accommodation through Wanderness. We do not offer any tax advice to Property Partners.
7. Guest due diligence
- 7.1You acknowledge that we do not check Guests’ backgrounds (including, for example, whether they have a criminal record).
- 7.2If we provide a description of a Guest, or background information in relation to their interactions with Wanderness and/or any other Property Partners, it is for your information only and is confidential. You agree to process any personal information concerning the Guests according to data protection laws. Please do not rely on this information and make sure you do your own due diligence before accepting a Booking from a Guest.
- 7.3We are not responsible to you for the acts or omissions of any Guest staying at your Accommodation or anyone that Wanderness Guest permits to visit or stay in your Accommodation.
8. Cancellations and refunds
- 8.1Where a Guest cancels their Booking in accordance with the Terms of Service, you agree to comply with the terms of our Cancellation Policy and shall refund any amounts due from you accordingly, and you authorise us to make payments to the Guest on your behalf if we are holding monies on your behalf as your collection agent.
- 8.2Once a Guest’s Booking has been confirmed, you are not permitted to cancel that Booking other than in extraordinary circumstances that mean it is impossible for you to provide the Accommodation on the required dates or to the required standards. If this is the case, you must notify us immediately and provide such evidence as we need to verify the situation and comply with the Guest Refund Policy in the Terms of Service.
- 8.3In the event that the Guest is entitled to a refund under the Guest Refund Policy (as set out in the Terms of Service) then you will be liable to us on demand for a) the Accommodation Charges paid by the Guest for the Booking, b) any fees or payments that the Guest paid for additional services when they made their Booking, and c) a penalty charge for cancellation, equivalent to 15% of the Accommodation Charges for the Booking.
- 8.4To the extent that we are not holding the amounts in the above Paragraph on your behalf, you expressly authorise us to deduct the relevant monies from the credit card that you provided when your Listing was created. If this credit card is no longer in use then you agree to immediately provide us with an updated payment card so that we can deduct the relevant monies. Note we will not make a deduction on your credit card without notifying you first.
- 8.5In the event that we are unable to charge the relevant monies to your credit card, we expressly reserve the right to set off the amount from any future Booking(s).
- 8.6You will automatically lose your Listing in Wanderness if you cancel Bookings more than twice in any rolling 12-month period.
9. Pricing and payments
- 9.1For our services we charge a Service Fee, added to the price you provide us per clause 2.5. This is set at the discretion of Wanderness and cannot exceed 10% plus applicable taxes. We will clearly communicate our Service Fee to you at the beginning of our collaboration and in the event of any change, within 7 days.
- 9.2You expressly agree that we are entitled to deduct the Wanderness Booking Fee and Service Fee before we remit any monies to you.
- 9.3You expressly appoint us to act as your collection agent solely for the limited purpose of accepting and, where applicable, making refunds to the Guest on your behalf.
- 9.4Funds will be transferred as follows:
- 9.4.1Wanderness will transfer to you the Accomodation Charges minus the Service Fee for the first month and the Cleaning Fee, within 4 days after booking, while the rest of the amount will be transferred pro rata at the end of each month of stay for the upcoming month of stay.
- 9.4.2Security Deposit: Wanderness will transfer 50% of the Security Deposit to the Property Partner within 4 days after booking. The Property Partner must return to Wanderness the Security Deposit if no damage (or part of it if damage) within 1 week after check-out.
- 9.4.3Cancellation: When Guests cancel as per our Cancellation Policy set out in the Terms of Service: If the cancellation occurs within 48 hours after the booking but before 28 days pre check-in, all charges are fully refunded to the Guest. If the cancellation occurs later, Wanderness transfers to the Property Partner the PP Required Price for the first 30 days, within 48 hours after the cancellation.
- 9.4.4Early Departure: When a Guest wants to depart earlier than the booking’s original check-out date, Wanderness will transfer to the Property Partner the PP Required Price for 30 days following the new check-out date, or up to the end date of the original booking if the remaining portion is less than 30 days. The transfer will take place within 7 days after the cancellation.
10. Property damage and security deposit
- 10.1You accept that there will be reasonable wear and tear to your Accommodation over time. However, if you are able to demonstrate that your Accommodation (or any part of it) is damaged during a Guest’s stay, beyond reasonable wear and tear, you may instruct us to deduct the cost of the relevant damage from the Guest’s Security Deposit and the relevant provisions of the Terms of Service shall apply. Please note that you will need to pursue the Guest separately in respect of any damage, the cost of which exceeds the Security Deposit.
- 10.2You must notify us within 48 hours after your Guest’s departure if damage has been caused to the Accommodation. If you do not make a notification within 48 hours, we will presume that the damage has not been caused by the Guest.
- 10.3You should check the terms of any insurance policy that you take out carefully to ensure that they do not exclude losses caused by the acts/omissions of the Guests or other visitors to the Accommodation.
- 10.4You are not permitted to charge Guests an additional end-of-stay cleaning fee as an additional cost. However, if you are able to demonstrate that the Accommodation is heavily soiled and that in your reasonable opinion industrial cleaning is required after a Guest’s stay, you may, subject to your notifying us within 48 hours after the Guest’s departure, request us to make appropriate deductions from the Security Deposit.
- 11.1In the event that there is a problem with a Guest’s stay at the Accommodation you agree to follow the procedures set out in Clause “Complaints and Dispute Resolution” of the Terms of Service.
- 12.1You agree that you have sole responsibility to determine and comply with your obligations to collect, pay and report any applicable sales taxes, indirect sales tax, occupancy tax, tourist or visitor taxes or income taxes in relation to Bookings. You also agree that it is your responsibility to include and incorporate any applicable Taxes in your Accommodation Charges.
- 12.2Tax regulations may mean that we have to collect Tax information from you. They may also mean that we have to hold back an amount equivalent to Taxes from payments that we make to you. If you don’t provide us with the necessary Tax information under applicable law to enable us to comply with any obligation that we have to keep back Taxes from payments to you, then we are entitled to keep back payments to you to the same value as the relevant Taxes until the obligation has been complied with.
- 12.3You agree and understand that (depending on where your Accommodation is located) certain Taxes may be calculated as a percentage of the Accommodation Charges, an amount per day or other method of calculation.
- 13.1Subject to Paragraph 13.3 below, we shall not be liable to you for: (i) any loss of profits (whether direct or indirect), (ii) loss of business; (iii) loss of goodwill; (iv) loss of reputation or any other economic loss (in each case, whether direct or indirect) or for any indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or expenses of any kind; (v) any amounts that you pay, or are liable to pay, to any Guest (or any other person in relation to your Accommodation); (vi) loss of, damage to or corruption of data; (vii) any losses under the Guest/Property Partner Agreement (viii) injury suffered by you; or (ix) losses or expenses incurred as a result of the conduct or misconduct of any Guest.
- 13.2Our liability to you for all losses shall not exceed the fees that we have collected on your behalf but failed to pay to you in breach of this Agreement.
- 13.3Nothing in this Paragraph 13 limits or excludes our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence (or the negligence of our agents or employees) or for fraud.
- 14.1Where you are liable to pay any sums to us pursuant to this Agreement, the Guest/Property Partner Agreement, or the Terms of Service, you agree that we may (at our discretion) deduct the relevant sum from future payments due to you, in the event that you have not paid the relevant amount in the stipulated time period.
- 14.2We shall not be in breach for failure or delay in fulfilling any of our obligations under this Agreement to the extent such failure or delay has been caused by any breach by you of this Agreement, or by any event outside of our control.
- 14.3This Agreement, together with the terms contained in the documents referred to in this Agreement (which include but are not limited to the Terms of Service and the Guest/ Property Partner Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between you and us and any other terms, conditions or prior representations whatsoever shall be of no effect unless expressly set out in this Agreement. Nothing in this Paragraph limits or excludes either party's liability for fraud.
- 14.4If any term of this Agreement is found to be void or unenforceable by any court or authority of competent jurisdiction or is not permitted under Local Laws and/or European Law (as defined in the Terms of Service), then all other provisions of this Agreement will remain in full force and effect and will not in any way be impaired provided the parties agree a replacement provision which is as close as is legally permissible to the provision found invalid or unenforceable.
- 14.5We shall be entitled to sub-contract or delegate our obligations under this Agreement without your consent, provided that we continue to remain ultimately responsible for the performance of those obligations.
- 14.6This Agreement shall take effect as from the date of signing by the parties, with a term of six (6) months. Online clicking and accepting is construed as signing.
- 14.7This Agreement and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with it is governed by and is to be construed in accordance with the laws of Greece.
- 14.8The parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece.
Type of information we collect
We receive, collect and store any information you enter on our website or provide us in any other way. In addition, we collect the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, login credentials (such as e-mail address, password, device used, connection information and browsing history). We may use software tools to measure and collect session information, including page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information, and methods used to browse away from the page. We may also use software tools to track communication with prospective clients. We also collect personally identifiable information (including full name, email address, telephone number, messages and other communication notes).
How we collect information
When you conduct a transaction on our website such as submitting a request, we collect personal information you provide such as your full name, email address and telephone number, as well as any other preferences stated in the enquiry form and email communication (eg. check-in/out dates, number of adults, children and infants in your group, preferences, additional services requested etc). Your personal information will only be used for the specific reasons stated in this policy.
Why we collect information
We collect such information for the following purposes:
- 1To provide our Visitors, Users and Clients with ongoing customer assistance and support
- 2To be able to contact our Visitors, Users and Clients with general or personalised service-related communication and promotional messages
- 3To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services to our Visitors, Users and Clients
- 4To comply with any applicable laws and regulations
How we store, use, share and disclose our site’s visitors’ personal information
Our company’s website is currently hosted on the Hetzner Cloud Services using the Open Source Drupal platform decoupled with NextJS technology and uses Stripe for our payment system. Hetzner Cloud Services provides us server infrastructure. Drupal is the online platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you throught the NextJS interface. Your data may be stored through Drupal’s data storage and databases on secure servers behind a firewall per international standards. All direct payment gateways offered by Stripe and used by our company adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard, American Express and Discover. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers. They are then being deleted safely and not used otherwise. As we keep improving our technology and infrastructure, we might switch to different platforms and technologies for website hosting and payment, always adhering to international standards.
How we communicate with our site visitors
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes, we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
If you would like to access, correct, amend or delete any personal information we may have about you, please contact us at contact@wanderness.